South Korea is a huge hub of fashion loving people. Their culture embraces the value of beauty and encourages them to come up with products and services that help improve one’s aesthetic qualities. So when a certain Korean fashion trend is introduced to the world, people stop, look, and listen. This is what happened when circle contact lenses were first introduced to the public.
What exactly are these circle contacts? What makes them better than regular contacts?
I - Big Eye Lenses
- Circle contacts are also known as big eye lenses. They are called such because their main function is to help an individual achieve bigger eyes after wearing the lenses.
- Circle contacts have tinted rings around the outer iris area. The dark tint gives us the illusion of a larger iris, so eyes appear bigger.
- Circle contact lenses come in different diameter or sizes. The common range, however, is from 14mm to 16mm. These numbers are greater than the normal diameter of our iris.
- Circle contacts are popular among Asians, especially among those who want to achieve the anime look. However, they are also fast becoming popular among fashion conscious individuals who want to stand out in a sea of stylishly dressed people.
- The enlargement of the iris does a lot in helping a person feel more confident, more attractive, and more appreciated. Many now realize that there is no longer a need to spend thousands of dollars on cosmetic procedures.
II - Fashion
- Circle contact lenses help people become more conscious of their looks – in a good way, of course. Women now take great pains in making sure that they are wearing the right make up and an outfit that complements their big eyes.
- Circle contacts come in many designs, styles, and colors. There are those that are meant to make the eyes glow, while others are intended to effect only the most minimal of changes. Some big eye contacts can transform a shy individual into somebody bolder and more interesting. Likewise, since circle contacts come in different colors, they can be used to customize a particular look (like when one is planning to go to a Halloween party, for example). The list of colors to choose from can be endless, but it all depends on what effect or image one wants to project.
III - Practical
- Circle contact lenses are the practical choice because they are not as expensive as regular colored lenses. Although they are on a one-year usage term, they’re still less expensive compared to the regular ones, which can cost more than $100 dollars, depending on the type and usage option. Circle contacts are cheaper at around $35 to $40 (for a one-year lens option).
- When purchasing circle contacts, there is no need to hop from one store to another as they are widely available in numerous online stores. They also do not need prescriptions, so you won’t have to get one from your doctor.
EyeCandy's Cosmetic Circle Contacts
Here at EyeCandy's, our prescription and non-prescription color contacts are designed with our customers' peace of mind. We are committed to providing quality lenses that have been manufactured to the highest safety standards. Our products combine the best of both fashion and function. Read more about the features of our circle lenses:
Non-ionic coating repels dust and atmospheric particles, keeping the lens surface clean and free of irritants.
Standard base curves of 8.6 and 8.7 mm with a tolerance of +/- 0.2 mm is compatible with most human irises.
EyeCandy's circle contacts are easy to handle for both beginners and old-timers alike. The lens remains upright on the fingers, allowing for effortless insertion.
The pigment layer of each cosmetic lens is completely sandwiched by a clear layer on each side, ensuring that it never touches the eye.
Hydroscopic material retains moisture for comfortable wear.
If worn on a daily/frequent basis, we recommend users to replace their circle lenses after 6 months.
PolyHEMA (2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) material approved by Conformité Européene.
Each lens permits high oxygen transmission to the eye.