Tips & Trends
Tips and Trends
The first circle lenses that were released around 2005 were 14.0mm in diameter. If you have never tried circle lenses, we think that it is good to start out with 14.0mm or 14.2mm diameter. 14.0mm is sufficient enlargement for most people. Others won't realise that you are wearing cosmetic enhancement lenses unless they get within 0.5 m of you and stare into your eyes.
14.5mm provides a dolly effect. Others will know that you are wearing cosmetic lenses.
14.8mm+ provides a very large-eyed anime look. We would recommend this for special events or costume purposes. It will be very obvious that you are wearing cosmetic lenses.
1, 2, 3, 4 TONES
Single-tone lenses have only one colour. The black and brown circle ones are the "classic" enlarging lenses.
Two-tone lenses have a black or dark outer (limbal) ring which provides the enlarging effect, plus a base colour to provide colour change.
Three-tone lenses have everything that the two-tone lenses have, plus some yellowish colour surrounding the pupil hole for blending.
Four-tone lenses have everything the three-tone lenses have, with some orange-brown colour mixed with the yellowish colour surrounding the pupil hole for more optimal blending.
Research confirms that the thicker the lens, the more stable the water content and the less dehydration your eye will suffer.
While lenses with higher water content have been shown to be subjectively more comfortable and can be worn for extended periods of time, they are more prone to dryness. Contact lenses with a low water content dehydrate less on the eye than do lenses with a high water content.
- GEO is the world's most popular manufacturer of circle lenses. They are the largest and most reputable manufacturer and export worldwide. We would rate their products' quality as very good.
- NEO Vision lenses have been voted by our customers and staff to be the most comfortable. Their lenses are the thinnest and have a superb water content of 42%. NEO Vision specialises in original, natural designs that are well-loved by people. They are also a very reputable manufacturer. We would rate their products' quality as excellent.
- Royal Vision is house brand of circle lenses which are produced by Dueba and Vassen factories. We source only the trendiest and hippest designs for this brand.
- Vassen is another major player in the circle lenses scene. They export heavily to Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and China. Vassen's designs are fresh and unique, and the comfort of their lenses is comparable to that of NEO Vision. We would rate their products' quality as excellent.
- Dueba is the longest-established manufacturer of circle lenses. Their lenses are as comfortable as GEO lenses. We would rate their products' quality as very good.
- EOS emerged onto the circle lens scene around 2 years ago. Some report that the comfort level is superb or even better than GEO. We find that their lenses are a bit thicker than GEO's though. They have the widest range of designs and export a lot of products to Japan. We would rate their products' quality as good.