If you have vision problems and you’ve been wearing glasses for years as a result, then you’ve probably reached a point in your life where you want to do away with the glasses use circle contact lenses instead. These lenses are available both in prescription-strength and non-prescription versions. Take note, though, that it’s always advisable to consult your doctor before wearing contacts even if you’ll be doing so for purely cosmetic reasons.
Circle contact lenses come in various types:
- Soft lenses
- Hard lenses
- Rigid gas-permeable (RGP) contacts
- Multifocal contacts
- Toric lenses
They also come in several variations:
- Daily disposables
- Weekly disposables
- Monthly disposables
- Extended wear
- Standard (can be worn for up to a year)
Needless to say, you need to choose the right type of lens and decide on your preferred variation in order to fully enjoy the benefits this particular eyewear has to offer. You’ll come to appreciate the value of consulting your eye doctor when you’re in the process of choosing the right type and fit of lens for your eyes. You see, even if you don’t have vision problems and will only be wearing cosmetic lenses, you still need to make sure your contacts fit just right and are perfectly comfortable. You wouldn’t want to risk your eyesight in favor of aesthetics, would you?
Now, the question as to which variation you get generally depends more on your preference than your doctor’s advice. You may want to note, however, that there are a number of important benefits you can get when you choose to start with daily disposable circle contact lenses. Here are some of them:
- It allows you to test different brands to find the one you like best.
- It allows you to try different colors until you find the ones that look best on you.
- It allows you to try out different designs to see if you prefer the natural look or the “crazy/standout” look.
- It saves you from the time-consuming process of cleaning and storing the lenses at night and then cleaning them again in the morning before use.
- It reduces the risk of damage, since you’ll be using a new pair every single time.
- It’s more comfortable. No matter how well you take care of your contacts, they’ll never feel as comfortable as when they were new. With daily disposables, you get brand-new comfort every time.
- It’s very convenient for travel and sports. You can simply grab as many pairs as you need, wear one during the day, and then throw them out at night. You won’t have to worry about possibly losing one in the course of travel or playing your sport of choice.
If the above advantages resonate well with you, then it’s definitely a good idea to start with daily disposable circle contact lenses. If, in due time, you feel that wearing contacts is something you’d want to do on a regular basis, then you could simply switch to the standard variation.